Saturday, October 24, 2009

Welcome Zacarias


Last night we celebrated another new baby in the church...Zacarías Aarón Chauvie. 

Because we have so much going on in our lives right now with ministry responsibilities here, furlough preparations, home schooling, and life in general, I thought it a perfect opportunity to teach another woman how to do the work of the ministry.


Elida was gracious enough to take on the responsibility of organizing the shower.  And she did a fabulous job!!!  Using the checklist I provided to her she took care of everything.  My role was solely advisory.



Rebekah's mom, Celeste, brought us a devotional from Isaiah.  This was her second time to bring us a baby shower devotional as she was the special speaker for the baby shower shared among Rebekah, Elida and I almost 2 years ago.


 I failed to ask who made the cake, but isn't it adorable?!  Perfect for the Noah's Ark theme of the shower.

Isn't the background adorable (better seen in the other pics)?  If I understood correctly it was made by Zacarias' aunts.  I'm not sure who all had a part in making it but they sure did a great job!



This was a memory game and Alejandra and Leticia (the the left and right of Amparo) were the winners. 


The other game was reserved for the new mom.  After being blind-folded, to represent those wonderful middle of the night adventures, she was spun around then given a pacifier, bib and diaper to put on her "baby".  Not bad, huh?! 


Both Grandmothers were able to help open all the gifts for baby Zacarias.  This is the gift I gave to Rebekah and Gabriel.  Our Pastors wife in NC makes a hooded towel for all the babies.  And so I wanted to have something I could do like that.  So I make a frame-able scrapbook page of each of the babies.  Since his big brother Esteban has one too I swapped colors the colors and, obviously, the picture.
 

Maria Eugenia and Elida singing a special "Un Buen Hogar." (I think that's the title.)

No comments: