Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Following in Grandpa's Footsteps

Although I never met him, I grew up hearing about my Grandpa Kelly!  My memories are of a man who was a Navy lifer who died from a massive stroke just day before his retirement.  I have copies of old pictures of my grandpa in his uniform with his family - my grandma, dad and aunt. 


My oldest nephew, Travis, is following in Grandpa's footsteps.  And we are so very, very proud of him!  This afternoon my sister said goodbye to her oldest son and sent him off to boot camp with nothing but the clothes on his back and his wallet.  Please be in prayer for Travis while he adjusts to his new life.  Pray for my sister, Brenda, as she adjusts to life without Travis. 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow we have some great young men out their. My oldest nephew graduates this year and he is signing up for the Marine Corps. Such dedicated men. praying for all through the adjustment.

Debbie said...

Don't we though! I'm so thankful for young men who choose to serve our country! It's an honor though when they come from your own family.