Tuesday, October 27, 2009

CROAK!!!

That's pretty much what our little van did yesterday.  Scott turned the van over only to hear a lot of metal cracking and clanking when we attempted to take the kids to an orthodontist appointment   Not good! 

Because the van is a diesel and Scott's not a diesel mechanic we had to have it hauled away yesterday afternoon.  But we just learned today of  rods that are bent and cracked, a blown head gasket blown and water in the oil.  Not good!

The mechanic thinks it will take about 3 weeks.  I hope he really means 3 weeks literal time and not, well, I'll just leave it at that.  Because as you can see by looking at that fancy little countdown timer above this post that cuts awfully close to our return home.  Not good!

So a quote I have just shared with friends today comes to front and center right now, "The difference between  stumbling blocks and stepping stones is the way one uses them."  I guess I'm going to have to lift my foot a litter higher over this block to make it a stone.  Good!


1 comment:

Susan said...

Like your quote. My step right now is going to have to be pretty big also.