Friday, July 30, 2010

Slight Complication

A few days ago I noticed some redness and swelling in the skin directly below my lower surgery incision.  When I started feeling crummy I passed it off as doing too much.  I don't know how I could have thought that, it's not like I've been doing much of anything...but eat, sleep and rest.  Believe me, I've been taking it easy but figured I had taken one too many trips up and down the stairs.

After the area became more inflamed and tender I figured I better see a doctor.  I saw a doctor yesterday afternoon who said I definitely have an infection but he was pretty sure it had not yet entered into my abdomen.  He was glad I hadn't waited any longer.  I'm now on a multi spectrum antibiotic for 10 days.

As a note for those who are praying for me, I have a recheck appointment on Tuesday in Michigan.  I really would like to be feeling much better by Monday when I head up there.  Brandon will be going with me since Scott is traveling in the South on furlough meetings.   He may just end up doing most of the driving.  Watch out Detroit!

No comments: