Saturday, May 09, 2009

Vitamin Deficiency! Really???

The other night Scott called our doctor in the States to consult with him about my health. He suggested some possibilities and also recommended some blood tests to get. One of the things he mentioned was a possible vitamin deficiency.

When we were in MV for 3 unexpected days I didn't have my vitamins with me and my pain did increase over the time we were there. It also happened that when we got home I started getting sick with the same cold that Silas so had I started taking some extra vitamin C along with my daily vitamin and for some reason the pain began to decrease some.

After all of these coincidences, plus looking up symptoms of vitamin deficiencies and seeing I have several of them, Scott and I decided that I should double up on the multi-vitamin and on the C to see if it would change my pain at all. After just a few days my pain has decreased markedly! Where I was feeling the pain at least 70 to 100 times a day, I am now feeling the pain around 20 times a day.

Finally, I have noticed a correlation in what helps minimize the pain. Whereas before now there seemed to be nothing that made me any better. It's important to note also that I had only been taking vitamins for a couple weeks before now. (I'm just not a pill taker!) It almost seems ridiculous in its simplicity, doesn't it? I sure hope this is all that is wrong with me and I am now on my way to being well again. At any rate, I'm glad to be feeling better and hope it lasts through our trip to Israel.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Praise the Lord for His wisdom!