Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Land

Here we are in Israel and I'm beginning to glimpse how important the land is to the Jewish people. Today was our 3rd tour day and we have seen so much. My mind is full of the wonderful things being shared from the mind of our tour guide who is a Messianic Jew.

Today we went to Caesarea Phillipi and saw what is known as the gates of hell. The idea is that when Jesus was speaking of the conquering the gates of hell it wasn't just imageary it was literal regarding this place. I can barely touch on the things Areay (our guide) is sharing with us because I don't have the time...I have to pay for the internet. I also can't download pictures. So you all will have to be patient. :-)

So far we have visited: Joppa, Tel Aviv, Caesarea Maritima, Mt. Carmel, Arbel Cliffs, Mt. of Beatitudes, a boat ride on the sea of Galile, Caesarea Philipi, Golan Heights, and about a half dozen other places that my racing mind can't think of right now. Trust me though, I'm taking notes and I'm journaling. And wishing I would have brought my laptop. Oh well!

Scott and I are praying that we would not leave Israel the same as when we came. So far it's been like a chapel message at our alma mater Ambassador but with up front, hands on exposure to the Word of God. Amazing! I just can't even do it justice. There are times that I think we should have an invitation after some of our visits to places. To have all these places in my mind now is just eye opening. Such revelation. Life changing!

Isreal is a besutiful place. It actually reminds Scott and I of Southern California in some places. The haze from the heat, especially. Haha.

I'm going to close by asking you to pray for one of our ladies at Fundamental Baptist in Colonia. Sylvia Funes' sister, Elba, died from a heart attack yesterday! Both ladies are dear to my heart and so I mourn over the loss of my sister in Christ and grieve for Sylvia! Yet I rejoice in the Lord Jesus Christ who conquered death. Elba is now in His presence! How precious a gift she has received!!!

No comments: