Monday, May 11, 2009

On our way...almost!

It's just a little after 6 in the evening the night before we leave for our trip and the stress level is slightly high! Everyone is in the last minute scramble. Not fun! This is the part of trips that I really don't like. After 3 years of traveling on deputation I decided that I was wanting to stay at home and never pack another suitcase.

Ok, I know that's not at all reasonable, especially if I want to ever see anything of the world farther than my back yard. So here we are not heading to one place but heading in 3 different directions and I keep getting confused as to who is going where and with whom. So is life with 8 kids and a cross Atlantic/Continental trip with out those aforementioned kids.

Have I mentioned yet how incredibly excited we are about this trip? If not, let it go on record that we are ALL really excited about this trip. Even the kids. We praise God for the families who have so graciously opened their homes. Each one doubling in size for the rest of May. Now that's quite the thing. So let me say in advance, Sanders and Lopez families, THANK YOU!!! We couldn't do this without your help!

Tomorrow we will (hopefully) head out of Colonia around 4:00 a.m. and head to Salto. After we drop the oldest 5 kids off at the Sanders house we will head to Montevideo on a bus and stay the night there. Our plane leaves for Madrid, Spain on Wednesday afternoon. Scott and I will have a mini vacation there and will head to Tel Aviv, Israel on Sunday. Then it's all out after that. I hope to be able to upload pictures and blog a bit while we are there, but I'm not really sure what the internet will be like.

I really don't like flying so I would greatly appreciate your prayers for me to have peace during take-offs and landings. And since our flight to Spain is through the afternoon and night I ask that you pray for me to get some rest while we fly...something I never do very well on a plane. And, of course, for the pain to stay at bay. Last time we were gone for a few days our house was robbed...someone stole our keys while they were visiting us and came back and stole some things while we were gone. Anyway, everyone knows that we are traveling but they also know someone will be here during the day and night to care for the house. Please pray we will not have another break in. Finally, pray for safety and health for all our kids while we are gone. And that they won't miss us, and home, too terribly. (Ditto that for us!!!)

Well I think I have avoided my last minute packing responsibilities long enough. Until Spain!!!

No comments: