Saturday, April 18, 2009

Test Results

In my mind 11:45 on Friday morning couldn't have come soon enough, and when the minutes continued ticking away my nerves continued to build. Finally, close to noon they called my name and told me to leave my purse with Scott. Not what I was hoping for. I really was anxious about the digestive endoscopy and knowing I had to go it alone was not encouraging. I honestly knew God was with me and I was trying to refocus my thoughts on that but the fear of the unknown was almost overwhelming.

God proved His faithfulness to me me as I walked back with the nurse who told me they were going to let me sleep through the procedure. I was praising the Lord!!! I was told to lay down on the exam table then she sprayed the numbing medication into my throat. After I rolled over on to my side she injected the anesthetic into my vein, and had me place a plastic mouth piece between my teeth. At that point I became very glad that I didn't have to be awake for the endoscopy. That was the last thought I had before I took a very nice nap. The only proof I have of the endoscopy is a slightly sore throat, in a bruised way, and pictures of my hiatal hernia.

I'm thankful to finally have a diagnosis of what has been causing me all this pain. I still have to meet with our family doctor to see what the treatment is or will be. That should be this Thursday. Thank you all for praying for me!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so thankful for how things turned out and that you have a diagnosis. I'm praying you will feel better before your trip.