Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back to Back

I could hardly believe my ears yesterday afternoon when I heard Scott say, "This Monday?" in reference to my referral appointments with the surgeon and gastrointestinal doctor. I know I shouldn't surprised after all your prayers for me. Yet I am. I feel very special to see how God has worked on my behalf! Since Scott called late in the afternoon we were not sure if anyone would still be manning the phones. Thankfully someone was and they gave us back to back appointments again. So this coming Monday morning we will be headed back to the British Hospital to find out what the next step is.

I've been taking all three of the medicines and the newest one, Gastrial, makes me feel a little odd. I do have medicine allergies and so I hope this odd feeling is not a result of allergy. I have looked online but everything comes up in Spanish. I can read it, but my comprehension level of medical jargon in Spanish is not very high. :-)

I would appreciate your prayers for another aspect of all of this...childcare and help. We were leaving the older kids in charge of the younger ones but with having to go to the doctor, and/or to Montevideo, at least once a week, it became too much for them. There are several people who have offered help to us in various areas including this for which we are extremely grateful but we do need wisdom in whom to ask and when. Hopefully this will all be over with soon and we won't need so much help but until then we need wisdom on when and/or how to accept the help that has been offered.

No comments: