Monday, September 22, 2008

A day in the life of MK's

Last week Brandon went with a small group from our church to Salto, Uruguay to assist the Sanders family in distribution of tracts and information about their new church plant. From what I understand our young people and the Sanders teens had a lot of fun with eachother. I will probably get myself in trouble for this, and I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone with this quote of Brandon from a note he wrote. Please note they did not joke around like this while they were passing out the information, just when they were sightseeing.

I do plan to have him blog about the more serious aspect of his trip. Until then enjoy reading about the fun an MK can have on the mission field.


1: Ask where non-existant streets and stores are and watch people either tell you that they don't know, or be too proud to tell you they don't know and give you directions to no where.

2: Act like you're a gringo that doesn't know much spanish, and go around asking for directions to the jungle to see the monkeys (there is no jungle in Uruguay).

3: Try not to laugh while people deny you a 5 peso donation to "The Foundation for the Assistance of Children with Chronic Diarrhea", while your accomplice stands behind you complaining that he "really has to go!" (we didn't actually pull this one off...there are only so many hours in the day, hahaha.)

P.S. Lest anyone call me a horrible MK, Salto is NOT my family's place of ministry, and we were only there for three days (not enough time to even see the whole city.)

No comments: