Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Do Elephants Hum?

If they do, I think they sound just like a trumpeter who is just learning to play. Which in my opinion is a much nicer sound than the dying elephant that was in my older sisters room everytime she practiced French Horn.


The musical sounds around our home for a long time were only of Kaitlin praciticing piano, or me listening to a CD. They have added Brandon playing his scales on his trumpet, and Bethany playing scales on the piano, plus an occasional song from both - which includes the tune, pretty good for beginners, if you ask me. Bethany has already played offeratories for two of our melody nights - one of the best attended services.


In addition to the the piano, Kaitlin also plays the bells (they look like a Xylophone but are called Bells). Having a few more years experience she sounds quite nice now. I enjoy eavesdropping on her as she plays hymns adding in the little extra flourishes. (Look out Paul and Sarah :-)


About a month ago, Kaitlin and Bethany were playing a duet on the church piano. I thought it was wonderful! Which is especially notable because our church piano, well, let's just say it needs help. Maybe when we come home on furlough we can have a trio - trumpet, bells and piano. (That's a hint, Brandon, Kaitlin and Bethany. :-)

No comments: