Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It comes in threes.

Is an old adage about bad news and bad things and in our case yesterday was a BAD day. First, Nehemiah came in the house crying hysterically. When I finally got him calmed down I understood his mouth hurt. Not only that but he was salivating excessively. My Vet medicine background kicked in and I knew he ate something he shouldn't have. I finally figured out he got the sap from an Elephant Ear plant in his mouth. Thankfully it's not poisonous it just does bad things to the mouth and skin.

Just as things calmed down with Nehemiah I gota phone call from the kids teacher. Adeline had hit her head on the fireplace giving her a cut on the bridge of her nose. When she got home we saw the wound would heal with a big scar so we took her in to get a modified butterfly put on her nose.

Then Kaitlin and I ran out to get our hair cut and when we got back Scott asked me to look at his finger. He had been chopping wood into kindling and was holding the wood where he shouldn't have been and hit his hand with the ax. Praise the Lord he had gloves on or...well I don't even want to go there. Basically he popped his finger open like a grape.

All this on top of some major spiritual battles. And the kids say they're bored!

1 comment:

Kim said...

We are praying for you guys. There are always days like that. I used to get discouraged and then I remembered that Satan doesn't want me to do what I am doing so he will do anything to discourage me. Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world!