Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Better, but not good

Here in Uruguay, or at least in the hospital we use, the doctors do a routine ultrasound to verify a pregancy. I had that done and they discovered that the placenta was low. A month has passed and I had another ultrasound today to check the progress of the placenta. It is still low, but better than before. I will need more ultrasounds to keep an eye on things. If the placenta moves up to a normal position there will be no concerns. There is a possibility that it will not and may even move further down. In that case I'll be scheduled for a c-section.

I still have a while to go before the baby is due and this affords me another opportunity to rest in the Lord. He has allowed several trials in our lives lately and it has in some ways become very overwhelming. Especially since there seems to be no easy remedy and no end in sight. And this is yet another concern. How we would get through without God, I have no idea.

I would appreciate your prayers for the Lord's will to be done. And also for prayers for language aquisition. This pregnancy demands more of Ruth's already full schedule, as she is my translator. The sooner I can speak for myself the easier it will be on her. Our language classes have been focused completely on review through conversation, which has helped me but my brain sure hurts.

No comments: