Friday, January 19, 2007

What an ordeal

I sent out a very excited and hopeful email yesterday to our email list, I should have known things rarely happen simply for us. Add to that Uruguayan importation procedures which seem to have no rhyme or reason and you have the mixture for an ordeal. Boy, oh boy, do I wish I could post pictures of our nearly cramped and disarrayed home because it is finally full of boxes and furniture. But alas I sit here writing a post while my husband and Archie are still in Las Piedras at the camp.

All is not bad though, I got a text message from Scott this morning at 9 am that he could see the container. Then a phone call at about 10 am that the customs inspectors had arrived cleared the container and had left. A truck was supposed to be at the camp to unload the container directly on to. However, they have to unload onto the ground because who knows where the truck is. Most misisonaries have their container taken directly to their homes to be unloaded, but I did already mention the importation procedures, didn't I?

It is now about 11 am and I'm trying very hard to wait patiently for our things to be filling our home this afternoon. Is there a crown for patience? At any rate we are certainly gaining a good foundation for Godliness in our lives. (1 Peter 1:6) Hopefully, I'll be posting some pictures of the house soon. You do know I have to sew curtains and get things in order before that will happen. It could be a couple weeks before those pics get posted. Ha, now you all get to gain a good foundation for Godliness too. In the meantime, I will post some pics of the arrival of our things. Maybe tomorrow. (smile)

1 comment:

Aficionado de Uruguay said...

Debbie, thanks for keeping your sense of humor in the midst of a difficult "waiting time." I appreciate your good, sweet spirit.

Love you all!
Sandy