Friday, January 26, 2007

I Hate Math

My high school transcripts bear witness of the fact that math and I don't get along well. I took Algebra two times and failed two times. It wasn't until I started teaching fractions to my kids that I finally understood how to add, subtract and multiply fractioned numbers. Now I find myself here at the computer, looking for relief from my inability to work with numbers as I attempt to sew tab curtains for our house.

"Scott, please tell me how I equally space these tabs for the curtains." I say in a state of absolute confusion so Mr. Math pulls out his handy calculator, puts in a few figures and comes up with the just right numbers. Now give me a few words to spell, a blog entry to write and we are good to go. Just leave the numbers somewhere else. Did I already mention that Uruguay is a metric country? I'm glad I married Mr. Math!!!

I suppose I better get back to making curtains so Ruthie can have all of her sheets back. Until next time...or the next math dilemma.

No comments: