Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tick Tock

Wow, I really falling back on the Israel blogs. I'll get back to them next week.

Before I tell you about my test results I want to thank you for praying for Sabina. You will remember me mentioning her in a post recently. Scott and I were able to stop in a visit with her for awhile today. She is recovering well from the Gullien Barre syndrome which caused her paralysis. We are very thnakful that she has regained feeling and movement in her feet, legs and hands. She may be released tomorrow from the hospital. We were able to give her a couple of books to read, a coke and cookies to enjoy while she finishes out her stay and continues in her recovery at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a freezing, literally, it was only 5° C in our van, ride to Montevideo I arrived at the British Hospital to have 6 more vials of blood drawn for some tests our doctor in the States ordered. He tends to be an excellent diagnostician and so we are hoping these tests will be the last and we will finally have an diagnosis for what is causing me the chest pain.

After the lab visit we headed to have my color doppler heart scan done which showed a larger than normal mitral valve coupled with a smaller than normal mitral valve. The sound the doctor heard was from the force of the larger valve closing. The cardiologist said that it is a birth defect and isn't the cause of the chest pain. Otherwise my heart is fine and looks great and is functioning well.

Back to the Hospital Britanico we went to have a recheck appointment to discuss my CAT scan and the labs the Gastroenteroligist had run. All of those were good as well. So the next step is to wait for the labs drawn this morning. Send them, via email, to our doctor in the States and wait for his opinion. That won't be until at least the 14th of July.

I continue to have the pain, though less frequent, as in not every day, all day long. I have a few pain free days followed by several days of pain. I continue to look for a pattern and I'm not seeing anything. I'm going to start keeping a diary of what I do, eat, how stressful the day was, how I slept, etc. to see if a pattern emerges. At this point it's the only thing I know to do.

Without question this mystery has been frustrating. But I'm challenged, and encouraged, by the thought that this is no mystery to the Great Physician. God knows exactly what is happening and why. He is allowing this in my life for reasons not yet known and reasons very clear to us. I'm very thankful to have the Lord helping me through this trial and teaching me to trust in Him more day by day!

No comments: