Thursday, December 25, 2008

The best part of Chrismas in South America

Have you ever wondered what Christmas was like in another country? There is the typical buzz and excitement that is associated with Christmas in the States. But in our part of the world there are some definite changes.

One of the things that I enjoy most is reading the English printed on the boxes of the toys in the stores. I know that this may sound odd but it is quite comical. The things that are printed on these boxes are absolutely unbelievable. I wish that I had written or photographed the best ones but unfortunately I did not.

Below are a few examples of what I have found. Please remember that you must read them exactly as they are written. These are also best if they are read aloud.

This a box for a small desk lamp. Possibly you can make out the lamp on the left of the photo.

The above photo was for a toy that was a flat plastic tray with several different colored golf balls that were to be stacked to make a pyramid.

I know everyone is looking for toys that have a 'lovely lustre' for their loved ones this Christmas

Another favorite is a disclaimer on a box that reads "The contents and color of the enclosed items are subject to amendment." I thought this must be one of those surprise gifts if the contents and color were subject to amendment.

I think that at times my wife was on the verge of embarrassment as I read the labels aloud in the stores. Sometimes with a TV announcers voice other simply monotone. I am convinced that all of the toys that don't make the 'grade' for the states end up in other countries where it supposedly won't be noticed. Regardless of the why, I certainly enjoy reading the boxes.

No comments: