Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What a day.

This winter has been really mild in comparison with last year. One nice thing about last years frigid weather was the lack of viruses. This year we have become the target of every bug out there. This time we have had two running through our family one respiratory and one intestinal.

I had Silas at the doctors for a recheck in the morning. After dropping Bethany off for piano class I returned to the hospital at 4 for Kaitlin's physical therapy. While she was with the physical therapist I was upstairs trying to get some information about Brandon's needed tests. They weren't able to find the orders I gave them in the morning. Finally after 20 minutes of looking they discovered them in the Enfermeria (ER). I picked Bethany up from piano and dropped her and Kaitlin off at home and picked up Brandon and went back to the hospital.

This was the first time I've experienced x-rays with the kids here. Brandon was joking around about the radiation exposure since they don't put any protective lead aprons on the thyroid or groin areas. I was standing in the small hallway leading into the x-ray room watching as doctor prepared Brandon for the film. As the doctor walked by the door in the hallway I fully expected for him to shut the door before taking the film, he didn't. I've decided I'll not sit along that outer wall any more, which is part of the ER waiting area.

With Brandon's x-ray in hand we headed out to get Brandon some new tennis shoes. It's never been easy to find shoes for him and now with his size 12 feet it has become more difficult, and more expensive. It turned out that the shoes that fit him were on sale for only $1374.00 pesos, a thousand pesos cheaper than the other shoes we were shown in his size.

New shoes on, we headed back home so I could finish my six loads of laundry for the day. Then returned to the hospital at 8pm for the pediatrician to look at the x-ray and lab tests. Thankfully Brandon doesn't have pneumonia but he did have blood in his urine. This could be just a normal part of his IgA Nephropathy but the last recheck also showed blood. Brandon went back this morning for a full blood work up.

Today, in comparison, has been relatively laid back. "All" I had to do today is clean the mold from the ceilings and walls...I think I'd rather spend the day running around. But at least now we're mold free again.

No comments: