Saturday, August 30, 2008

Belen Mengen

We just got back from the Ladies Retreat, it was wonderful and I'll blog about that tomorrow...hopefully. I wanted to get this prayer request out hoping that tomorrow you all can mention this in church for prayer. One of our ladies was unable to come to the retreat because her daughter, Belen, was diagnosed with a brain tumor last night. The last report I have is that she is now in Montevideo awaiting surgery. She is 8 years old.

Please be in prayer for her parents as well, Pocho and Leticia. Our ladies were concerned about their finances because it is the end of the month and they are away from home. Our theme "When life gives you lemons, turn them into blessings." was very appropriate for this situation and the ladies desired to add some sugar to this family's lemons. Thank you for praying I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I will be praying. How sad. She was born when I was down there. :(

Anyhow...God knows and I will pray.