Tuesday, August 05, 2008

HAPPY 16th Brandon!!!!

Wow, where did the time go? Ok, I know I say that every year and probably every time I post about my kid's birthday's but really, where did the time go? It seems like yesterday I was up all hours of the night trying to coax Brandon to sleep.

One memory of Brandon when he was a baby was when we had an aftershock from the Landers earthquake (believe me that's another story). I had been trying to get him to sleep for about 4 hours. I was finally able to lay him down in his crib and had just laid down myself when we had a large aftershock. Before I could say anything, Scott jumped out of bed, ran into Brandon's room and grabbed him up and stood in the doorway with him. I stayed in bed and cried that he woke the baby up after I had spent so long getting him back to sleep. Don't get me wrong, I was concerned for his safety but I figured if the house didn't fall down in the over 6.0 quake the month before it wasn't going to when I had just gone through everything I did to get him in bed. Life in California, with a newborn!!!

Scott and I have really enjoyed Brandon during his teen years. Like any other adolescent he has had his struggles. And rightfully so, imagine traveling for 3 years and then moving to a foreign country not speaking the language and being obviously "gringo". There have been lots of sleepless nights in prayer for him to be encouraged and for him to adapt.

It has been a special blessing to watch him grow spiritually, especially so lately. He is serving in our church here as an usher, he sings in the choir and he is the game director for Kings Kids. He lends help and ideas to me as I plan events for ladies and to Scott as he works on ministry things. He is a great big brother. And he is doing great in school in spite of having some very difficult subjects this year.

Brandon, we love you and look forward to seeing what God has in store for you!!!!! Happy 16th Birthday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Brandon,
Happy Birthday! We really miss you guys around here. Guess what, I'm 30 today! Where does time go? You should come back to the States for Flour Kickball this year and play for Nu Delta. :-)