Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Balmy 55

Yesterday was a great day, the Lord blessed us with a gorgeous day and good friends. Not only were we able to BBQ but we were able to enjoy the outdoors in the sun and 55 degree warmth. It was a great celebration of my 21st birthday...with 16 years experience. Some eyebrows were raised at the coleslaw (KFC copycat), and at the potato salad (they make Russian style here) but the only things left over were a couple cups of baked beans. The ribs were absolutely delicious as were the shish-ka-bobs. Can you tell I'm pregnant?

I got two beautiful sweaters (when you come for a visit you'll want to invest in the hand knitted clothing) a mate gourd fitted inside a cow hoof, a cow skin wallet, a scarf, a Uruguayan cookbook and some candy. I even got a bag of marshmallows. Let me tell you I had no idea they were even in this country. So tomorrow we'll have sweet potato casserole with some colored marshmellows. On second thought maybe I should save them for the hot cocoa that everyone wants to drink after church. I definitely was spoiled with central heat. But that's another post.

Thank you to everyone who sent cards, e-cards and I even got a package! I especially appreciate your prayers for a special day.

No comments: