Thursday, August 10, 2006

Relief - Part Two

This is the second part to a two part entry read Relief Part one first.

Little did I know what was going to happen come Tuesday the 8th? Scott and some of the children were at the doctor’s office getting their pre-departure physicals when the call came in. It was our field director, encouraging us to either move straight to Colonia or to Texas for language study. When Brandon got home he was nearly jumping up and down with joy. He quickly informed me we got a phone call and I was going to go “Baptist-costal” (a funny term for when we are really excited about something). I thought we had made it to 100% support, but Brandon said it was better.

When Scott came in and shared the news with me I didn’t go “Baptist-costal” as expected all I could do was weep, relieved that God had chosen to answer our prayers by giving us the desires of our hearts. There was a little bump in the road and I wish I could say I didn’t veer off the path when we hit it, but I did. However, I did get my eyes back on the Lord and He settled it for sure and for certain.

When we leave for Uruguay this fall, Lord willing, we will move directly to Colonia where our dearest friends, who also happen to be our coworkers, will be there to help us along. Uncle Archie and Aunt Ruthie, the endearing term our children have given the Perez’, will be there to help care for our children and to teach them Spanish. They will be close by in case of an emergency. Ruth will be available to help me read labels and shop, making sure Adeline doesn’t eat things that will kill her. Most certainly our God is good!

Would He have been good if we would have needed to stay in the states for language school? Without a doubt He is good, even when the answer is no. God is good all the time! We are ever so thankful for our precious friends in Uruguay but most especially we rejoice that God keeps His promises, “Delight thyself also in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalm 37:4 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5,6

No comments: