Sunday, January 10, 2010

Over the Meadows...

and through the woods from grandmothers house we went.

After a very long day of travel on Friday...that could have been shorter if we took a different route, I'm told...we arrived in Fernley, Nevada.  Our time here thus far has been full of blessings and we are so encouraged in the Lord!  I plan to write more after we have tonight's service because I'm hoping to add pictures when I blog about our meeting here.. 

I wanted to thank you all for praying for travel mercies for us.  We had an uneventful trip...those are good when you're traveling with a family of 10 in the winter.  It was dark when we drove through the Donner Pass though so the kids weren't able to really see anything.  I'm hoping to drive into Reno before we leave so the kids can see the Sierras.  It would be good if the fog would lift before then. 

There is snow on the ground and the kids had a blast playing in it yesterday morning.  Our older kids went bowling with friends here.  Later Scott and I had a double date with the pastor and his wife, who are friends of our from Bible College.  It sure was great to go out and have fellowship with adults....in English!  However, it did make me miss our double dates in Uruguay with our friends Daniel and Amparo Lopez. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Looking forward to pictures. Glad to hear everything went well on the traveling day.