Monday, January 04, 2010

Christmas With Family - Final Installment!

The neighboring cities of Hemet and San Jacinto are where we grew up.  The Hemecinto Valley is home to much of my family.  And it also offers one of the prettiest views in Southern California.  The mountains below are what we grew up looking at and driving into to play in the winter snow. 


Our first stop when we got into town was the In N' Out where Scott and I had our first date!



From there we headed to my cousin Val's house to visit.  Val and her husband Matt are the parents of Madi, for whom many of you have been praying.  It was so great to see Madi doing so well.  Our kids had a blast playing with eachother and my older girls LOVED their twin boys who are 2 months younger than Silas.



The next morning Scott's Dad and Step mom cam down from the mountain to have Christmas with us.  It was so great to see them and not have to wait until this summer when we'll be in Michigan.





After this we met my Dad and Step mom to spend some time with them.  I must say of all the Christmas gifts I received this year this was by far the best one.  All of my children were able to meet their grandpa, and WOG.  Most of the time the younger ones were occupied in the playplace so that enabled us to have some quality time as adults too.



From here we went to my Aunt and Uncles house to see them but we ended up going out to dinner with them and my other cousin Dawn and her husband and children.  The top picture is with me and my Aunt (my dad's sister).  The next is with my cousin Dawn (Val's older sister) and her husband. 



Our final stop the next morning in Hemet was to our best Man's house to see him before we headed out of town.


We drove out town by way of the "blue roof people" aka Scientologists.  I'll never forget my dad's warniing to my sister and I about the dangers of this area.  So whenever we pass through here I'm always uncomfortable.




Our last view of the mountains as we headed through the Lamb's Canyon Pass.  It was a short but wonderful and memory filled visit to Hemet. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love all the pictures. Glad to hear you are having such a great time with family.