Friday, December 18, 2009

"Mommy, I have to...."

Aren't those the words that every mother cringes to hear when traveling on a LONG trip?!  Maybe it is because we have 8 kids but it seems like I hear this every 20 minutes.  Especially today.  Simeon was literally telling me he had to go potty all day.  I hope he doesn't have something going on.  I do know that at least one time he played in the bathroom instead of using it.  He got to "water" a tree on the side of the road for that mistake. 

On this trip out west we've capitalized on the eating out experiences.  Yesterday we had burgers and Pizza.  Today we had waffles and real bagels for the first time in 3 years.  Our crazy kids didn't care for the waffles at all.  For lunch we had On the Border.  We can share plates between several kids because the chips will fill them up.  And tonight we got KFC chicken plus a bunch of sides.  Scott didn't have to pay for the sides at all because they were closing and they were going to throw them away.

We have been traveling on the 40 through Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico....with a little side trip on old Route 66 looking for a bathroom.  This morning at breakfast we met an older couple who are traveling the same route as we are.  They started in Manhatten, New York and they are also headed to Los Angeles for Christmas.  We were able to chat a little bit and I gave her a Christmas tract.  I am praying we meet up with them again. 

I'm off I need to eat my free KFC and get to bed!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Makes me long for a road trip with my children. Even though it is tiring while in the midst of it I have so many good memories of when we travel.