Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sorry folks

Well, I certainly have been neglecting the blog. Sorry, folks. Things are a bit crazy here.

Our sending church pastor is here for a week. It has been great to have him here! This is his second time to visit to ministry here. He came with us on our survey trip. Last night he preached to the teens. Today he preaches for both services. Tuesday is a staff meeting and Pastor will bring the devotional. On Wednesday he preaches for the final time. Thursday he leaves for Brazil.

Silas turned four months old this week. I'll post some pictures later. He weighes 7 kilos and 450 grams. And measures 64.5 cm. Brandon still takes the prize for the fattest baby at 4 months old; weighing in at a whopping 18.2 pounds and two weeks later he weighed 19.2 pounds.

We had our first eye exams in the country. The most modern form of medicine we have seen since we arrived. Kaitlin enjoyed it when I had to put on the Mr McGoo glasses. Since I'm approaching the 20th anniversary of my 18th birthday I had to prove I didn't need bi-focals.

Finally we had a BBQ yesterday with the pastoral staff and families - 23 people. Brandon did a spectacular job with the asado (BBQ). He's been my kitchen helper of late and I'm really enjoying this time with him. And after yesterday he has earned the title of official Asador (BBQ'er) for the Borrmann family.

No comments: