Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Resuurrection Sunday

Our family had a nice Resurrection Sunday this past weekend. Our music/choir director wrote an Easter drama where we used several songs from the Majesty Hymns spansih hymnal. The dialog was one from the point of view of Mary, the mother of Jesus. My favorite part of the program was when the junior choir sang with the men. The song Rey de Reyes was sung as a round and the combination of voices was beautiful. The Lord blessed us with a few visitors and we trust the Lord will be at work in the hearts of those who came.

Sunday was the completion of Semana Santa, also known here as "Tourism Week" and in one city here in the country, "Beer Week". This is the week where this country has the most visitors of the entire year. I didn't notice too many more people downtown in the city we live in probably because our weather was so nice everyone was at the beach.

Thursday night we had another ladies Bible study here in our home. Ruth and I decided that though this was a vacation week, we ought not to take this week off from the Bible study. I can't tell you how exciting it was to see the ladies pour into our home. We had to add more chairs to give them all a place to sit. Though six of our regulars were missing, the Lord brought 4 ladies to the study that had not come previously. God is doing a GREAT work in the hearts of our ladies. Often I feel like Moses as He told the Lord he couldn't speak (since arriving here I wondered if Moses "speech impediment" was actually in inability to speak well the language of the Egyptians, but that's for another post). I still depend a lot on Ruth when I need to get thoughts out with clarity but I am understanding a little more. I know a big part of this is so God can receive all the Glory for certainly what is happening is of nothing I can do.

No comments: