Friday, January 11, 2008

God will provide.

One of the greatest concerns of independant missionaries throughout the world is support. Though Scott and I have experienced a drop in our support, as a result of the drop in the strength of the dollar, we are still over 100%. This past fall a few of our supporting churches contacted us to see how we were doing financially. It's difficult to find the words to express how grateful we are for the faithfulness and concern of our supporting churches.

We are aware of missionaries from another South American country who came to Uruguay knowing that in six months time they would lose a big chunk of their support. As I think of these missionaries I wonder how in the world they'll ever survive here in Uruguay on only $40 a month. I have claimed the promises of God over and over again in my life knowing that He will supply our needs. Then I have watched while He did indeed keep His promises. The only way this missionary family will survive is with the intervention of God as He keeps His promises to them. I am looking forward to seeing what God will do in their lives as a result of this trial. In the meantime will you pray with us for the Lopez family as they look to God to meet their daily needs.

No comments: