Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A new stage of parenting...a.k.a. braces.


A new stage in parenting began when Brandon and Kaitlin had spacers placed between their molars in preparation for braces. Kaitlin will need to have three teeth pulled. One was already pulled and it was not a good experience as she was only numb for a few minutes and felt everything. The last two extractions should be better as we'll make sure to ask for more anesthetic.


Soon we will have both of them setting off the metal detectors at the grocery stores. Just kidding, Brandon and Kaitlin! I guess since they read the blog I need to refrain from any more jokes and I definitely should not go into all the various names for people with braces. I'll just leave it to your imagination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...metal detectors??

Anonymous said...

Oh Kaitlin, I remember having 3 teeth pulled before getting braces, and like you, it didn't seem like the medication helped any! I wasn't very tough though, I remember screaming! But I am so thankful for the braces and enduring the pain because they helped tremendously and I am sure when it's all over you will be thankful too. :o)