Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stormy Weather

Last Saturday night, and again last night, Uruguay experienced unseasonable rough weather. Saturday nights storm packed winds of over 90 miles per hour. Here in Uruguay, at least in Colonia, it is not at all unusual for people to be out late into the night. Most head out for dinner after 10 pm. As a result several were caught outside when the storm hit. We actually woke up to people screaming before we realized there was a storm. Brandon looked out the window and saw a man on a bike riding very fast up the road and not hardly peddling. Thankfully, we live in a nice strong concrete house. The only thing affected was our yard with a lot of tree debre.

Since attempting to get our container I have experienced some storms in my heart. I so badly want my things. After three years of deputation and living out of suitcases, I'm so ready to be home, that's difficult with no belongings. North Americans have the saying, "Home is where your heart is." As a believer I've been reminded that my home is anywhere Jesus would have me to be. I'm holding on to that as I wait on beauracracy to find it's way through all the red tape. I really don't have any idea how people who don't know the Lord can move as we just have. I'm finding a new dependence on God here. One that has been there but needs strengthening. God is constantly reminding me to believe in Him, trust in Him for He is my God.

I know our container will get here when God is ready for it to arrive. And it will be just like Christmas as I open up boxes I packed away three years ago and look again at family pictures. And I'm sure I'll wonder as I pull some items out of their safe keeping what in the world I was thinking packing that silly little thing and shipping it thousands of miles.

No comments: