Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When I Grow Up

Our little Simeon is turning 5 this weekend.  He is still such a little guy it’s hard to comprehend that he is already 5.    
I realize, in stating that, that I missed blogging that Kaitlin and Bethany turned 15 and 12, respectively.  Kaitlin was out of town for her birthday.  So we drove over to see her and take her out for her birthday dinner.  Bethany had to wait for Kaitlin and Brandon to get back with us so they could babysit while we took her out to dinner.  
It sure is enjoyable to have the selection again of restaurants.  I’m thankful Simeon’s choice is cheap.
It has been a relief to celebrate their birthdays here in the states.  The ability to find quality toys or gifts at reasonable prices is the biggest plus.  Of course, the variety is great, and we haven’t even gone to Toys R Us...yet!  
My online time is still limited so I’ll close this celebration blog about Simeon with one of his funnies.  
“Daddy, when I grow up and become a Scott and Kere n becomes a Debbie and we have a little boy we are going to name him Simeon.”
Later he had a similar conversation with me saying that he was going to name his son Simeon.  I responded with, “Oh, a Simeon Junior, how nice.”  To which he responded with the same thing he said to Scott.  
This continues to make everyone laugh much to Simeon’s dismay as he doesn’t understand the funny part.  Someday he will.  I hope he forgives me for this blog. :-)

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Cute! Happy Birthday to Simeon :)

Susan said...

I love to hear about what little one's say. It is so innocent and truthful.