Sunday, February 01, 2009

The NEW Look

Back in October I was struck with some creativity and decided to update the blog header. So I spent a few hours designing a graphic art style header and closed down my Photoshop Elements and never got back around to finishing.

It's not that I forgot, it's been in the back of my mind, but you know how the holidays are. Not to mention all we've had to do in the ministry, language classes, and life in general. Add to that the ever dreaded family picture and, well, that is where it stayed...in the back of my mind.

This week I have had operator error computer problems. A couple of weeks ago I realized all my passwords were the same and thought, "hmmm that's probably not too smart. " So I changed all my passwords. Did you know that it's very important to remember your Windows password? If you do, then you are one huge step ahead of me.

After having my computer inaccessible from my, uh, forgetfulness (I would call it a blonde moment but there are blondes who live here :-) I went surfing for a cure. I found one, or so I thought. Did you know that when you forget your Windows password it's better to let the experts handle it?

Ok now you're way ahead of me.

Did you also know, it's not wise to change anything important when you've been down with a stomach virus, and haven't slept well?

Wait, slow down, I can't keep up.

When I realized I couldn't enter my computer I tried to reset my password through a supposed security hole. The hole had been patched already. At the end of the attempt to hack in I found I had actually restored my computer and "lost" all my files.

I sure don't want to bore you with my, hmmm, what are some synonyms for stupid, oh yes, brainless, dim-witted and ill advised actions. So...

Back to the new blog look.

As I was looking through, and deleting doubles from files rescued by the local computer guru (Muchisimos Gracias, Pablo!!!!), I came across the old blog header and remembered my new one. So I started searching for it and couldn't find it anywhere. It turned up in the Recycle bin. No idea how. Really! Thankfully I didn't dump the trash, or this post would be much different.

After all of that the blog has a new look. The background is a free template from The Cutest Blog on the Block. The header is my creation. You'll notice a picture of me with one of the Uruguayans, Cristina, and one of Scott baptizing. The little boy drinking the mate (mah-tay) is Simeon. The flag is Uruguayan. The gateway is the entrance to the old city here in Colonia. You'll notice, too, that Uruguay is colored on the globe. I still would like to add that family picture, but, for now, I think it's just fine... especially since we still haven't taken one. I'd love to hear what you think.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new look....It's different, but I think I like it! :) I do like your graphic art work :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new look! It adds some dimension to the webpage. Thanks for the time you take to update the site, I really appreciate being able to hear how things are going in Uruguay.