Friday, January 30, 2009

Another update on Julia

Thank you all for your continued prayers for Julia. Please also remember to pray for the Secrest family. Below is an update received today:

Julia is worse. It did not seem possible that she could still be alive and be worse. She had five focal points of infection that have now augmented to 15. She is now on dialisis, as well. She has one focal point of infection behind the pancreas and they say there is nothing that can be done about it. They are saying she is not responding to the antibiotics of late. I talked with Cacho just a little while ago and he is calm. He said that the psyichologist wanted to know how they were coping and he told them that they were trusting in the Lord and that they had daily help from their Pastor, as well (myself, although technically, Cacho is not a member of our church, we have grown close in these months). The family is resigned to her death. Barb and I are at peace, as well. I thank God for my dad. Possibly the best advice I have received came from him. He told me to get a sort of tunnel vision in which I would focus on Christ and get through the situation as one gets through a tunnel. He mentioned that I should put it all in God´s hands and keep the emotions under complete control. I know nothing is an accident. The other two funerals which I administered this previous week have given me some help to maintain strength if Julia is to pass on. God knew. I have imagined trying other ways to slow down that van. I have imagined so many times... God knows... He always knew, even before it happened.Barry for Barb, Thomas, David and Anthony

No comments: