Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day to day life

Simeon sleeping on the couch - without a diaper!

This week has been quite the week for milestones with the kids. Simeon is finally (!!!) potty trained. You'd think that after 6 before him he would have been a breeze. But all my techniques were hindered here on the field.


For example, the first thing I do when I realize my children are ready to use the bathroom is to go to Wal Mart with them and let them pick out a package of underwear. We've had Hello Kitty, Strawberry Shortcake, The Lion King, Care Bears, Thomas the Tank Engine, Princesses, and super heroes. Once we get home the potty chair comes out and the trainee gets the big boy/girl pep talk.


First problem was that we have no Wally World here and let's just say the underwear here is, well, lacking. So I tried to get Simeon excited about the training undies, you know the thick ones. That was a no go. I left it alone for a few days then I tried a different form of bribery...M&M's. No go again. In desperation I had Naomi bring some Super Hero undies down with her. Still a no go. Now frustrated I decided to pray about it (I know I should have done it sooner). The first day he had one accident, the second day through today he has stayed dry through naps and through the night.


I know this post seems trivial, but it just proves to me (reminds me) that God cares about our day to day lives. He knew the price of diapers here is exhorbitant, He knew our desire to have Simeon out of diapers, and He knew my inability. He was waiting for me to get to the end of myself and look to Him.


Friends, is God waiting for you? Have you a problem, a burden or trial that God could help you with? Why not go to Him and ask Him to aide you in your time of need?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful that God does care about the day to day things in our lives?! Thank you for sharing this blog, Debbie, it was a real blessing to me. I always love hearing about how God is working in people's lives...whether it be major things or minor things. God always gets the glory when we put Him first, regardless. :o)