Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Height of Fashion...




in arm slings! Instead of buying the standard blue sling I thought Bethany would like a pretty girly sling. She was so excited about the prospect of her own sling I took her along with me to chose her fabric. After she picked out her fabric at Chic Parisian (A clothing store in our mall) we went to the sewing supply store El Carretel (Another clothing store in town) to get the nylon strap and buckle. I'm sure I provided all kinds of laughter to the stores here as I attempted to tell them what I needed. Who would have ever guessed that Bias tape in Spanish is Bias (BE-as).


Once I figured out what I was doing it took all of about 30 minutes to sew and now Bethany has an adorable sling and so does Nellie, her American Girl Doll. All for about three dollars (US), can't beat that!

As for the question about her break our doctor in the US was able to have two Orthopedic Surgeons take a look at her x-ray. Also we were able to meet with the Traumatologo who saw her in the ER. He was very understanding of our concern. Everyone agreed that a sling should be adequate treatment for her. She has a recheck appointment on the 19 th to see how everything is coming along.


As a side note, it turns out that a Traumatologo isn't a Trauma doctor as we were thinking but an Orthopedic doctor. I think it's amazing how God had the right man there when we needed him. Not only that but the blessing of our doctor in the States and his willingness to help and advise. All this is evidence of God's foreknowledge and His concern for the welfare of our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie, If I ever break my arm, I'm going to ask you to make me a sling just like you did for Bethany!!!! What a really neat idea. I sure wish I was a little fly on the wall as you were telling the ladies in the store what you needed.....hey, at least we can laugh at ourselves, right!

Debbie said...

Hopefully you never break your arm. I was tempted to tell you I'd make you a sling if you can some cherries for cherry pie filling. But it would be hard to do with a broken arm. :-)

Most of the time I laugh at myself lately though with the pregnancy hormones on overload I tend to cry. Not in the stores though.