Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No exciting title...just an update

Interpol told us to start checking after 3 months on our certificates of good conduct from the FBI. Last week Archie Perez called the Interpol office in the capitol and the certificates weren't there. At the same time Scott called the FBI in the States to see what the status was. He discovered they were already done and had arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina. They left there on Monday and should be at the immigration office sometime this week. Which means that we could have our ceritificates for application of our Cedula cards very soon. This is the next step in our permanent residency. We have no idea how long it takes to get the Cedula cards once our certificates are in. The lady at the FBI was amazed our paperwork was processed so rapidly, just 3 months with 2 holidays. The current time is about 6 months. All we can say is thank you for praying about this, God has answered.

Ruth Perez and I went to the Evangelical Hospital today for my second OB appointment. Things here sure are different! Dr. Cioli gave me the ultrasound pictures to take home along with a personal record of my pregnancy. Every time I visit the hospital whether for an OB appointment or for any other reason I bring this "card" with me and they will at a glance know everything they need to know about my pregnancy. Pretty neat, I think. It sort of reminds me of my childrens shot records with more depth. The kids were excited to see the first pictures of the baby. Nehemiah and Isabel have opposing opinions on whether the baby is a boy or girl. Personally I think it's a boy, but don't quote me on that as I was wrong with Isabel. I have another ultrasound appointment in a few weeks as the placenta looks like it will be too low (Placenta Previa). They will keep an eye on it and we'll go from there.

Ruth and I are also planning the first Mother Daughter tea to be held here in the church. We are both excited about the opportunity for reaching out into the community. The ladies have been encouraged to bring a neighbor, friend or family member. I have invited our language teacher and her mother. Please pray they both will come and see their need for salvation. I'm the speaker which is exciting to me as I love speaking to ladies. With Ruth's help I'm going to translate my devotional into Spanish. This will be quite a challenge for me to speak in a language I'm still so immature in, and with my teacher sitting there to boot. Talk about taking a BIG oral test. I'm thankful the people here love it when we speak Spanish, even though my accent is horrible they still rejoice with me over the few words I speak. I'm so thankful to God for the people He has allowed us to serve alongside and minister to.

The kids have been doing great in school. They enjoy their teacher and their school work and their grades reflect their hard work. And just like in the States fall is beginning to get into full swing. The leaves are changing color, nothing exciting just yellow leaves falling from the trees. And we still have flowers on the bushes in our garden. It's rains much of the time and the dampness settles into everything. We've been discovering mold on a lot of things. So if anyone has an easy (can make it or find it in South America) mold inhibitor we would appreciate the help. We already have one de-humidifier that shuffles around the house. I'm not looking forward to the damp cold winter ahead. Hopefully we'll have a heater by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your non-titled update! It's good to know what's going on down there in Colonia!